So I am admittedly a smidge reclusive -- er, reluctant -- to do videos that go out on the interwebs. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sit down with Shay Baby of Brown Book Series at the recent Chicago Spring Fling Conference and boy was it a hoot!
Shay is the loveliest person and made the live interview mostly painless.
I did my best to name drop other authors and indepedent bookstores, but honestly I ended up saying whatever hit my brain and BOY OH BOY IS THAT DANGEROUS!
Anyway, feel free to check out yours truly in live action in all her awkward, ghost-like glory FULL YOUTUBE INTERVIEW HERE
If you want the highlights, here you go:
1) breaking news at 2:16
2) editing while waiting for a patient to dilate 4:11
3) preparing for speaking engagements by drinking heavily 7:12
4) where I say a very bad word on live-streaming video 9:15
5) I take over the interview and turn it on Shay at 9:41 because I'm too nervous for her to ask me more questions
6) talking about running 50K's at 20:30
7) where my research methods make it sound like I have a body in the basement 25:44
8) where things start to go off the rails 26:51
9) it looks like I'm endorsing drug use but I'm not at 29:25
10) I end up offering counseling to Shay off-camera because this interview is GONE GONE GONE by 30:39
And here's a bit of Twitter shenanigans HERE and HERE