Oh boy, it’s been so long since I’ve written a proper blog. You all know how much I love lists. And cats. So let’s do this thing!
Sadly, I lost two cats to illness last year. While I cannot replace my lovelies who crossed the rainbow bridge too soon, we were able to adopt more. So let’s introduce you to the most recent family of shelter cats.
Fluffy – Pretty plus and absurdly hirsute, her main hobbies include judging others and hissing. And snacks. Lots of snacks. Preferably brought to her by her human slaves.
No surprise, but hubs and I loved every pound kitty we've owned. They’re totally a mess, semi-defective, and that's what gives them...character.
In case you think dogs are better than cats, let me describe my two current “preciouses” and change your mind.
#1) They are automatic foot warmers. Even in summer. How fabulous...
#2) We do not have to let them out to use the bathroom in inclement weather. They’ve got their own box. Indoors. We do not have to walk them. They wouldn't go, if we tried.
#3) They stare at us adoringly for hours. Or maybe they’re plotting some sort of revenge.
#4) Excellent actors. The younger, ridiculously hairy cat had us totally fooled by the look-at-how-sweet-I-am act at the pound. Now that she has a roof over her head and blankets to shed upon? She’s the devil.
My cat sits and stares at me for hours.
No, it's not an expression of adoration. It's judgement.
But what is she really thinking...?
10) Oooh, dust motes!
9) How many nails can I pull off and deposit on the freshly-vacuumed carpet?
8) Yippee, clean clothes! Time to sit on them and shed.
7) Yippee, clean clothes! Time to ralph up a hairball on them.
6) Yippee, clean clothes! Time to chew a clean bra strap.
5) Mumsy's gotten kind of lumpy.
4) If I lick my chops, the scent of fish-n-glop will go everywhere!
3) I hope Mumsy doesn't want her pillow back anytime soon.
2) It's amazing how a kitty like me can be so pretty. (BTW, she's a hairy nightmare.)
1) Why is Mumsy always writing? She knows I can't read.
As I drifted into a blissful slumber with my pudgy, special needs kitty purring on my chest, a new blog idea came to me.
I love paranormal and all its opportunities. So what creatures could have paranormal powers?
Any of them.
With that poorly-thought-out theory, I give you a new list:
Why My Cats Are Paranormal Beings
10) Healing: Faster than medication, cheaper than counseling -- petting a cat will immediately lower blood pressure.
9) Nocturnal: Everything paranormal seems to function best in the dark.
8) X-ray vision: Can see the sealed package of salmon inside of the bag of groceries I'm trying to sneak into the house.
7) Elastic powers: Can compress bodies to fit into spaces 4 inches wide. How? Especially with the one cat who is "pretty plus"? How is this even possible?
1) If she has an opinion of me, at least she won't blog about it (no opposable thumbs)
2) Never asks to change the channel
3) Listens to me with undivided attention
4) Does not judge me when I'm naked
5) Every time I come home, is briefly thrilled that I'm back
6) Does not argue
7) Does not use all the hot water
8) Never questions if I spend my day off in jammies
9) No snoring
10) Never corrects my grammar
Author, daydreamer, and practitioner of trying very hard to duct tape folks together and help when I can.
November 2022 September 2022 August 2022 June 2022 May 2022 February 2022 January 2021 November 2020 August 2020 July 2020 May 2020 January 2020 November 2019 September 2019 August 2019 July 2019 March 2019 November 2018 October 2018 September 2018 July 2018 June 2018 May 2018 April 2018 March 2018 January 2018 December 2017 November 2017 October 2017 September 2017 August 2017 July 2017 May 2017 April 2017 March 2017 February 2017 January 2017 December 2016 November 2016 October 2016 September 2016 August 2016 July 2016 June 2016 May 2016 April 2016 March 2016 February 2016 January 2016 December 2015 November 2015 October 2015 September 2015 August 2015 July 2015 June 2015 May 2015 April 2015 March 2015 February 2015 January 2015 December 2014 November 2014 October 2014 September 2014 August 2014 July 2014 June 2014
All Adventures With Hubby Airports Author Interviews Cats Fastdrafting Funny Medicine Hell's Valley Series Hell To Pay Series Medicine Potpourri Star Trek Top 10 Lists Writing Writing Vs Medicine