Super Bowl vs Romance Novels
Yup, procrastinating editing book #2 Relentless Flame again. So here's the result of this "idle mind"…
Super Bowl = Romance Novels
1) Tight buns (and we're not talking hairdos)
2) Glistening, rippling muscles
3) Leggy women watching with hitches of breaths, bosoms heaving and hearts thudding.
4) Secret codes and safe words (you'll never think about "omaha" the same way again….)
5) Gasping for breath, frequently
Super Bowl ≠ Romance Novels
1) No hero smells like a funky-sweat locker room in a romance novel. Ever. Guarantee there's no "sexy musk" down on that field.
2) In romance novels sometimes the women play football. Really well. And always get the guy.
3) Does not require tackling to defend someone's honor.
4) Secret codes for plays. Look, all you need is an ex-Navy Seal hero to get everyone to safety. Duh.
5) Creepy big brother type with a headset dictating who does what. (Ok, maybe in some BDSM's that's legit. My bad.)
Romance novels are better than Super Bowl, here're 5 good reasons why:
1) You're not obligated to blow your diet and make your gallbladder explode every time you read a romance novel.
2) Fantasy trumps reality every time. When the helmets come off on the sidelines it's all sweaty, matted hair, snot rockets, scratching the nether regions. I'm going to say "meh" on the reality dudes.
3) Romance novels do not require commercials to hold consumers' interest. (Take that, Doritoes! Aw….heck, marketing got to me again.)
4) You can take a potty break any time with a romance novel and you won't miss anything. (Actually, you can easily transport aforementioned romance novel to the lavatory if so inclined. No one will judge.)
5) Super Bowl ticket? $500 and WAAAY up from there. Romance novel? Somewhere between FREE and $14.99.
Have more to add? Agree/disagree? Bring it on -- it's game time!
Leave a Reply.
Author, daydreamer, and practitioner of trying very hard to duct tape folks together and help when I can.
December 2022 November 2022 September 2022 August 2022 June 2022 May 2022 February 2022 January 2021 November 2020 August 2020 July 2020 May 2020 January 2020 November 2019 September 2019 August 2019 July 2019 March 2019 November 2018 October 2018 September 2018 July 2018 June 2018 May 2018 April 2018 March 2018 January 2018 December 2017 November 2017 October 2017 September 2017 August 2017 July 2017 May 2017 April 2017 March 2017 February 2017 January 2017 December 2016 November 2016 October 2016 September 2016 August 2016 July 2016 June 2016 May 2016 April 2016 March 2016 February 2016 January 2016 December 2015 November 2015 October 2015 September 2015 August 2015 July 2015 June 2015 May 2015 April 2015 March 2015 February 2015 January 2015 December 2014 November 2014 October 2014 September 2014 August 2014 July 2014 June 2014
All Adventures With Hubby Airports Author Interviews Cats Fastdrafting Funny Medicine Hell's Valley Series Hell To Pay Series Medicine Potpourri Star Trek Top 10 Lists Writing Writing Vs Medicine