Therefore, I'm rewarding myself with yet another list. And a Skinny Cow treat. Just because.
On the twelfth day of Christmas my editor gave to me….
12) Twelve dangling participles (Hurrying to complete the second edit, my computer locked up.)
11) Eleven instances of "look" (Thanks to Gwen Hayes, for pointing out 150 instances of that word in my very first manuscript!! Don't worry, that hot mess got shredded.)
10) Ten adverbs maximum. ("If you see an adverb, kill it" -- Mark Twain)
9) Nine passive verbs. (We were happy.)
8) Eight character arcs (How many journeys do these people need to travel?)
7) Seven hanging participles (Where are those phrases at?)
6) Six new Swedish curse words (very useful for international travel!)
5) FIVE SENSES USED! (ba DUM dum dum…)
4) Four turning points
3) Three comments to "repurpose the sex scene" (Is that like eco-friendly recycling?) (Thanks Julie Sturgeon)
2) Two tortured souls (well-adjusted characters need not apply)
1) And a crazy writer in a nut tree! Yahoo!